Sheetrock, sheetrock, sheetrock.
Excuse me, gypsum board, gypsum board, gypsum board. And Proform Joint Compound. And tape, and also Sure Corner tape.
That laundry room is looking sorrier by the day . . . the more I touch it, the more I will be forced to have to do our laundry for all time, all by myself, out of shame so that no one will see the poor mud and tape job I'm doing and the jury-rigged tile. And I was thinking maybe we could get away with not having a door there for a while. If we still do that (so low on the priority list!), anyone that comes in will have to wear blinders when walking past the laundry room.
Rich tackled the places with more visual exposure. He clearly has more confidence than I.
Sir Gimpy Dane came by again today and helped us with mudding and cutting one of the last areas that needs drywall. I don't think he thinks he's helping much, but every single little bit helps! It's one more thing we don't have to do, which allows us to focus on all the other stuff we haven't done yet.
We finished off a whole 5 gallon bucket of Proform, so we were self-limiting tonight. No more joint compound, no more taping. Got to come home by 8:00, which for this week, is a record. To celebrate, we're ordering pizza and falling asleep on the couch early.
Tomorrow's a weird day . . . will probably not go in until late because we have a prior commitment smack dab in the middle of the day. But then we'll pull a really long evening when we get back, so we can get caught up.
Been thinking about what HAS to be done versus what would be nice to have by the time we have to move next week. As much as I'd love to have the kitchen done, it's more important to get the bathroom (completely doable) and the laundry (mostly doable) done. We have an old microwave, a fridge, and Rich's grill that could serve us for a little while while we finish up the kitchen (we might even be able to install the gas stove early, and just not have countertops). But we absolutely have to have a place to bathe and do laundry, so those rooms have bumped to the top of the list. And if we are able at all to get to the kitchen, fabulous. I think we could mount most of the cabinets fairly quickly, which will clear out the dance hall so that we can move our bed and everything else we own in there. It'll be like living in an studio apartment loft, without the loft.
There's just no way we're going to get done on time, as much as we want to push. We're exhausted all the time and not eating well as a result, which makes us exhausted, etc. And the lack of sleep in the apartment, with upstairs Duct Tape Hippo and her Heavy Metal Minions and their "activities" wearing on us as well. I think we both think once we move and get some real nights' sleep at the new house, we might finally have the energy to finish!
Pizza's almost here . . . time to go find a clean plate around here . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please talk some sense into us: