Ugh.
So we decided late yesterday with my impending appointments today that may or may not materialize and my need to be around a computer to deal with it, and with Rich needing to get on the roof to do a few things before it got ridiculously hot, we'd go to bed early, get up early, and head on over. Note the time of this posting.
Climbed into bed at 9:30 or so. Tried milk and carbs to ensure some sleep. Still awake around 11:00, so Rich got up. I kept trying.
At 1:00 a tremendous lightning/thunder storm rolled up, going for about half an hour. Since we've been in this apartment, we barely hear any storm roll by, with the insulation of a full floor and Duct Tape Hippo above. This one, we heard. I got up.
Around 2:00 we both were sleepy enough to try again.
Then the fire alarm went off at 2:30.
And turned itself off. After the initial adrenaline rush and no additional alarm, we both fell asleep again.
Then the fire alarm went off at 3:00.
I got up and sniffed around the entire apartment. No smoke. (I've smelled cigarette smoke in a car two cars away with my windows up before, so I'm pretty decent at smelling smoke.) By this time we're WIDE awake, so we get up.
At 3:30, it went off again. Rich called the apartment complex, I scooped the litter boxes.
We did dishes. I folded laundry. We straightened up the apartment. We're having visitors, which we never have, even if it was 4:00 in the morning.
Good ole Mal showed up and reset the alarm for us, and was kind enough to shoot the crap with Rich for almost 45 minutes to make sure it wasn't going off again.
I went to bed at 5:00. Rich was too awake.
I woke up around 8:00 and found Rich asleep on the couch. Took him another hour to truly wake up, with a couple of false starts.
We made breakfast and watched some Holmes on Homes to get motivated.
I think I counted about 5 hours of sleep for me and less for Rich, with a full day ahead of heavy house work and no early rising.
Gotta love Murphy. What would have happened if we hadn't tried to go to bed early?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please talk some sense into us: