Friday, July 23, 2010

Update July 22

So even though I think my husband is Superman, we learned yesterday evening that apparently he can't fly. Not even a little bit.

Rich fell through the ceiling.

He's okay . . . no need to call. No broken bones, just a lot of bruises, a couple that have swollen to the size of small potatoes on his shin, the area that caught the force and the slide. Some scrapes and a probable bruise on his chest, but otherwise, not a scratch. God was TRULY looking out for him last night, as it could have gone horribly wrong, ending up like our Gimpy, or worse. Instead, it gives us more of an opportunity to add more insulation and hone our sheetrocking skills. I'm also thankful we only have eight foot ceilings . . . he was able to drop down to the floor after a minute, on his feet.

I thought a lot about how to write this one . . . there are tons of ways we could have started it, funny, silly, shocking, but alas, this is the one I chose. Maybe Mr Homewrecker will dazzle you with other options in the coming blog.

In spite of the fall, we had a LOT of progress yesterday. Appliances all showed up, finally. Went to two more Lowe's to find the specific lighting that we needed, to no avail, but got other materials for me to keep working on stuff. Got the back yard mowed (and when I walked in, Rich was holding ice to his leg . . . I'm SO glad I wasn't there when it happened--I would have completely freaked out), got ready for electrical AND mechanical inspections today. Please pray we pass on both fronts because if we do, framing can be for Monday, which will give us all next week to sheetrock. This is crucial, so let's hope it works!!

Finally put the last of the backerboard in the shower so I can finally start tiling, if I can figure out how to install a new saw blade.

Planning on meeting inspectors, tiling, and working on other small projects today, and hopefully mowing the front yard tonight, after it goes down to 95. I doubt Rich will feel like working tonight, which is actually good timing, since we're sort of in a holding pattern until inspections happen. And he works at his job this weekend, so I'm flying solo for a bit, after I show houses. Sunday late afternoon we can do anything else to get us caught up for either a new electrical or framing inspection.

Off to go get ready. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: