Sunday, August 1, 2010

Update August 1

Mud, Mud, Mud

We have been dubbed Children of the Mud by Sir Gimpy Dane and I'm thinking I like it :o)

Had a short day today, with a prior commitment keeping us away until 5 pm. Then we mudded like mad . . . anything that was touched yesterday got a second coat or sanding today. And other areas that got missed yesterday were tackled today. Still have about 3 pieces to put up, and all the rest to sand and mud again.

The laundry room isn't quite so sorry as before. . . . but the tile "curb" I built has bit the dust for the third (and final, I might add), time. Both of us keep walking on it before it's entirely set. We'll have to come up with another solution for it. The one that's there--the jury-rigged one--just isn't working. I can't believe we'll actually have to "engineer" something now.

Tomorrow is more mud, sanding, and hopefully some grouting. Gotta deal with clients first and end the day with book club (and I still have to pick a book, with no luck yet!). But at least the food will be fabulous . . . the host used to be a trained chef and she takes days off of work just to get ready and to cook for the night. I cannot wait for that!

As an aside depicting that life is still happening around here, and because we don't have enough things going on, I was the culprit who, industriously, started a load of laundry, threw it in the dryer, and then asked Rich to grab them so they wouldn't wrinkle . . . and he found a stick of my make-up in there that had run on everything, including two of his work uniforms!! Using Shout, a Dobie scrub brush, and Dawn liquid, we were able to get some of it out, but not enough for my liking. Rich spent quite a long time scrubbing (after relieving me, explaining to me that I didn't have to do self-imposed penance for the screw- up) and feels fairly happy with the results. Me, I'm not so sure. He has FAR more grace than I!!!! It took a combination of a couple of hours! Did I mention before that he is Superman? This is just one more example. Needless to say, that took up some valuable time that we really didn't have. I absolutely hate it when I do something thoughtless like that!!

On an entirely different note, and because they're sitting here staring at both of us with laser-like intensity, willing us to look at them, the kitties have conditioned themselves to cry the moment we walk in from the house, regardless of the hour, so they can get fed. I can't wait until we move . . . we feed them after we can't take the screaming anymore, which is sooner and sooner. They're getting so large we'll have to add another room to the house for them. They'll also need new names, like Spatz "the Tub" Coan, and Eli "it's-not-just-my-fur-that-makes-me-look-fat-anymore" Coan--Fluff'n'Stuff, for short.

Speaking of kitties, we heard a great title of a book today . . . don't know if it's real or not, but hilarious, nonetheless. "Kittens I've Known." Of course, even if it wasn't real, wouldn't it be great knowing the author? Perhaps PussN' Boots? or maybe "Red" Rover? That one might have dark undertones, though . . . Oh well, reading it isn't nearly as funny as hearing it was today. Too bad. It was really funny. Honest.

Off to food, bed, work, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: