Friday, July 30, 2010

Update July 30

EEEEK!!! Not July 30th already????? We have to move the big stuff in a week and everything else within 2 (including cats)!!! Does anyone have a contraption to go back in time, or maybe just to stretch time out a bit??? Does WalMart have something like that I can get?

Getting down to the nitty gritty. Got the last of the tile set in the tub surround today, along with the rest of the floor tile (I hope?). Also set tile in the laundry area (jury-rigged, but who will see except those that offer to do our laundry for us, or otherwise known as no one). Also set the tile on the vanity. Grouting for all will come later.

Meanwhile, Rich worked on more sheetrock.

I went out and mowed the entire 1/2 acre tonight (minus where the house sits, obviously, so I guess not an entire half acre). Humidity was lower, and there were bats swooping everywhere. Still exhausting, but I keep telling myself "you need the exercise". The apples are starting to ferment . . . a very weird smell. I wonder if that means anything that eats them will get drunk?

We have rabbits. Lots of them. For those of you who read Watership Down, you'll understand when I say I have an affection for rabbits that is totally founded in fiction. The ones we've seen so far are quite large, so I'd say they're "Strawberry" or "Bigwig" sized. When I went to get the mower out of the shed, I came within 10 feet of one and he just sat there, tharn. Then I rolled the mower past him and he crouched down, ears tucked down, still staring at me with one eye, the other one no doubt looking for an escape plan. Once I got past him (again, only 10 feet away), he sat up again and watched me leave. Brave little (big) rabbit.

I mowed the front (on a diagonal, I might add!) and then worked my way to the back, scaring a couple of bunnies along the way. Twilight is bunny time, as I learned when I had my dog Gomez, who chased bunnies through a briar patch all afternoon long, only to come back limping with a thorn in his foot, but happy as can be--"next time, I'll catch one, mama!". When I got to the back, the brave rabbit was still there and I noticed he has a long scar on one side, about 4 inches long (which was only a fraction of his size, so I'm telling you he's a big-un). I've named him Scarbod now, since he has an identifying mark. We'll see how long he sticks around.

Talked to the neighbor as well and watched one of the five bats I spotted swoop literally between us as we talked, no doubt going for the swarm of mosquitos around me (like Pig Pen, but with buzzing and blood). Yay, bats!!

Tomorrow I have an appointment to meet with a prospective client who now wants to sell his house in Bedford. Funny thing is, we almost literally bought his house. It was between his house and the house 2 doors down, which last month I helped a buyer buy. What a funny coincidence! The prospective client knows we almost bought his house, knows we lived in a same-builder house, and knows I know that floorplan intimately, knows I helped a client buy the house 2 doors down, and he was on the ARB with Rich in Bedford. What a perfect set up!

Then we sheetrock, mud and tape. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: