95 degrees. 1000 percent humidity. Several errands in the car. Rich running wire in the attic.
Ugh.
Yesterday seemed like one of those days that you bang your head against a wall again and again and wonder why your head is bloody. I got almost nothing at all done, except errands, showing property, and visiting a friend in the hospital getting open heart surgery. All this crazy stuff with our friends right now. What is UP with the world??
Luckily, our electrician, our plumber friend, and Rich got a LOT done in the house. Now we're getting into the bulk of the electrical, so the number of outlets that can still be used live in the house are getting fewer and further between, and there's no lighting to speak of in the house now either. Thank goodness for the dance hall and extension cords so we could get some work done in the dark!
Called in for mechanical inspection tomorrow . . . just two things to inspect: the gas line to the stove and the 4 gauge wire attached to the house for a lightning strike. Yay. Seems counter-intuitive to run a wire that way to prevent fires . . . it's touching so many flammable things! From the gas meter, through the foundation, stapled to the wood joists for 61 linear feet, and run into the electrical panel. But what do I know?
Drove the electrician crazy trying to figure out where the can lights in the kitchen and hallway should go, since the best places need to be right where joists are, of course. Since my $$$ bachelor's degree in design taught me how to perceive 1/16" off from something else (rather 1/32nd, but who's counting?), I know that something off two inches would drive me crazy. So we had to walk through scenarios that would appear balanced, yet be off-center. Hopefully his threat of not wanting to work for me again once he found out I had a design degree was a joke. ;o) I'm betting most plumbers and electricians hate working for designers. What sucks is I don't want to be high maintenance, but I definitely am. I could be low maintenance if my contractors were all super-exacting, but that rarely happens. So it's really their fault, right?
It's supposed to be 101 degrees today, tomorrow, and Saturday, and according to our brilliant lady weather girl around here, it should feel like "100-108". Anyone else see a problem with that?
Gotta try to start tiling today . . . I'm dying to get going. Also got more paint to keep me busy in case that tiling job runs out. Painting without lights should be fun For that matter, tiling should be fun, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please talk some sense into us: