Thursday, July 15, 2010

Update July 14

Yesterday I got to spend time at the apartment, working for clients, getting some research done for both them and us, and actually taking a couple of hours for myself to just "sit". I felt pretty guilty, though, cuz Rich doesn't get to do that, so only a couple of hours in total. Then I did laundry, scooped litter, and worked on other stuff with the house.

Rich picked up OSB for the bathroom floor so I can cut the rest for holes in the floor and get that floor ready for tiling. We got through the whole set of cuts without neighbors introducing themselves, which is both sad and good. The day before was so great that way!

I nailed up electrical boxes until I ran out, cleaned the job site a bit for all the labor that's coming soon, and tried to be Rich's helper while he ran wire in the jillion degree attic. Poor Rich! We're going through Gatorade like it's going out of style, between all the men sweating like pigs working in this ridiculous heat!!

Got a lot accomplished yesterday, especially with wiring, will be doing more today. Have to go to Lowe's to return stuff, buy stuff, and then get to the hair lady to get my hairs cut. Then off to meet the plumber to get most of the rest of the rough-in stuff done. It seems it will never end, this plumbing stuff!

Been sad the past few days . . . people we used to know in church made the news in a bad way here. Suffices to say all three suffered violent deaths, which is just heartbreaking. Then we found out a friend's son is battling cancer, when his wife battled it last year. And our nephew is having surgery this morning. Trying to keep everyone lifted, but it's more of a "God, please take care of all this for us!" kind of prayer. Weighs heavily on my mind while I'm working. We're very blessed to be nimble, able, and healthy. Helps keep things in perspective a bit, I guess.

Have a bit of good news to offset it--a family friend is having some good stuff happen in her life, which we're living vicariously through, and one of B&L's clients just went under contract, so I get to go do my job as well! Definitely happy about those things.

Life just happens.

Off to do errands and work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: