Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Update August 3

Had bunches of errands to run and microbes to kill at the apartment first. Found that the tea "replacement" I had until my beloved Barry's arrived didn't have caffeine, which created a wonderful nagging headache all day, even after doses of after-the-fact-Mt.-Dew.

Went to Sherwin Williams (yay for Alta's employee discount!) and got two cans of primer, optimistically thinking we might prime the drywall later this week. A girl can dream.

Got to the house and tackled "suspect" and "problem" areas with Joint Compound, trying to the get them to the smooth stage to prime. Worked on that for hours. Then Rich got there and we installed all the outlets that the electrician will need on Thursday. Then I sent him home. Then I continued to install more corner bead, one-handed, while talking with the P's. THAT's how good I am at sheetrocking now. LOL.

I sent Rich home early because areas around his ankle bone and other side of the foot are turning purple and blue and swelling a bit. He never went to the doc after his "fall from Heaven" (according to his g-ma), and now we're wondering if he should, because by the end of the day, he's hurting quite a bit. We figured a fracture or break would render him unable to put weight on it, but who knows? His pain tolerance is actually quite high (again, Superman). So hopefully he's going to Urgent Care today, since, as luck would have it, our regular doctor has moved and can't see patients until next week because he doesn't even have furniture in the office yet. :op

Got one boy's answer last night to help move, and am begging a cousin (if fishing, hurricanes or grandbabies don't come) to help out for at least the washing machine. Hopefully we'll do that on Sunday, at the least.

I can't decide if hot or cold compresses feel best on my beefy hands right now . . . sigh. At least tonight Sir Gimpy Dane has offered to bring us dinner. What a blessing! I hear there might be real vegetables or something in it. Not sure what the body will do about that, but could be exciting!

Gotta get ready to head out . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: