Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update August 10

Got the bathroom grouted!!!! It took WAY longer than expected, basically the whole entire day. But man, it looks sharp, if I do say so myself. Grout really transforms a space. I still have the "haze" to wipe away, but I'm on the fourth round, so we're getting close to the end and I can wait until tomorrow for it.

Rich is still there, sanding away . . . He got a lot of the ductwork done for the dryer, but we need more ducting, so now that's on my shopping list for tomorrow.

Tomorrow's a big push to get ready for the plumber on Thursday to get us hooked up for a shower and kitchen sink hook up (no sink yet, though). He'll hopefully do the shower valve and stub in for the sink. I'll be caulking and sealing the grout tomorrow so that by Saturday morning we'll be able to shower if we want to after we SLEEP IN.

We're both really feeling the short-timer's disease kicking in. We're SO close to being out of the apartment that we almost don't care that the house isn't ready for us. But we NEED to care, otherwise we'll have nowhere to bathe or do laundry.

Duct Tape Hippo is vacuuming. It's 9:47. Rare form, great send-off.

Off to shower and get the "haze" off my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: