Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Update August 17

Today is my parents' 47th wedding anniversary. To celebrate, I'm not working on the house tonight.

Okay, it's a stretch, but if someone needed a reason, there it is. And I think I need to recover from the shock of the number of years!

We're basically taking a break right now. We're realizing as wonderful as it would be to have a kitchen, rest is more important. So in the next day or so, we'll get back at it. I'm snatching a couple of small things, like caulking and painting, but nothing major. I just can't help myself . . . I feel guilty not doing anything at all.

We both also have a lot of work to do with our jobs, with his job just getting busier and busier, and mine, while not neglected, has had a couple of things put off until I moved, so I'm doing a lot of admin stuff to catch up.

So relaxing is basically in order for a couple of days, with a little bit of house-making in the process, real job-doing, but nothing requiring tools or sweating (at least for me; I can't vouch for Rich at his own work). Feels pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: