Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update 08 09 10 (how cool is that?)

So I might need a blood transfusion.

Or maybe housewarming gifts of bags of blood. A neg, if ya got it.

The mosquitos here at the house are the size of small children and are flocking to me like crazed fans. With all the rain we've had, the population has exploded and I can now go outside the door without Deet for a total of 3 minutes and look down at my legs and count over 10 actually on the skin, with others hovering. I believe Benadryl will have to be added to my cocktail of drugs to be able to sleep through the scratching. Unbelievable!

Basically, with work yesterday, after bathing in Deep Woods Off, I only had time to get 3/4 of the lawn mowed. Rich offered to relieve me, after noting with the humidity that I looked like I came out of the swimming pool instead of mowing, so I acquiesced. Unfortunately, I was so wet afterward that I couldn't stay to do anything else. So I headed home for a real shower, dry clothes, and ice on the wrist.

Rich stayed, hung sheets over doorways to contain sheetrock dust, and sanded the ever-lovin' crap out of the walls again. We're getting close!

Duct Tape Hippo and her Heavy Metal Minions are celebrating our departure, or at least making sure we REALLY remember why we hate it here in the apartment. They're in rare form this week with weight dropping, loud music, and stomping around at 11:30. So glad by Friday we might get real sleep!

Today is grout day, no more procrastinating. Gotta do it. Been packing more of the apartment, but now must go to the store, get some boxes, grout sealer, and head over and grout. Then perhaps sanding and priming? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: