Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Update June 29

Went over early today, since cabinets were supposed to arrive between 10-12 noon. Went around and noticed what Rich did last night . . . took down the remaining wall in the MBA shower/washing machine alcove, gave it the old college try again with the flooring in the guest bath. An impact hammer/jack hammer is looking more and more promising. They should use that glue on all sorts of things that generally fall apart, including bones. There's money to be made there . . . .

Started painting our bedroom walls and it looks AMAZING! Jury's still out on the walls in the office. We're hoping furniture make the walls look less "pink". It's such a big room, I really don't want to have to re-paint. We'll just have to see. At least the walls aren't yellow anymore!

And by the way . . . walls that haven't been painted since the 1980s are about as absorbent as Pampers. Holy cow--usually a gallon is more than enough for a 10 x 12 room. I was scraping the bottom of the can for the office! Maybe they should just make diapers out of old paint-covered drywall?

Around 12:15 I noticed no cabinets yet. Called and they said 'sorry, it'll be between 1:30 and 2:00 now'. Good thing I wasn't taking off work or anything. How do people get anything done with the promptness of these delivery people???

Went on errands and came back to the house. At 1:23, they pulled up, and of course, Rich wasn't there yet. Had to wait on him to arrive. A few pieces were damaged . . . hopefully the pictures we took, the notes we took on the Bill of Lading (gotta remember to go look up that word), and the email I promptly sent the customer rep will cover the damages. The brilliant loaders thought that perhaps we wouldn't notice that a finish panel for the end cabinets completely gouged and rubbed off, even without any protective packaging??

And did I mention that while we were unloading the truck, someone turned the humidity on to about 130%? Even cardboard boxes can't absorb the amount of sweat we were creating, and they got slippery. Fun!

Headed back there tonight to examine the rest of the cabinets for damage, and MAYBE to put one together for inspiration. I can't wait to see them!!!

And no, even under pressure, we will NOT be posting a web cam of the house. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: