Met the plumber over at the house again today. Man, I know why God timed our moving like He did . . . I can't believe how bad off the plumbing was! Our vanity, the kitchen, the washing machine, all emptied/drained into pipe flowing uphill. The plumber told us that if we had moved in, everything would have started backing up. AND he showed me a piece of galvanized that he got rid of for us . . . imagine a 2" pipe with a 1 centimeter straw of space inside, with the rest filled with %^&# . . . he said he was amazed we didn't have back ups already. So even though we hadn't planned on replacing most of the plumbing in the house, we're glad we are.
I continued to paint (couldn't get near anything that would throw the plumber off his game) and got all the walls in the office done. Now it just shows off how badly the trim needs painting. Sigh.
Rich is headed out there tonight to do more demo and listen to a CD a good friend gave him last night. I'm sure he's thrilled to swing a hammer and jam to some tunes. Me? I'm wiped out from lack of sleep again, so I'm staying put tonight. I even had to cancel book club because I don't want to fall asleep in the middle of the group.
Cabinets arrive between 10 and 12 tomorrow!!!
We really like your updates! I had to look up the definition of detritus.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading about all the work done, I was really tired, had to sit down again to rest, and have a beer. Unfortunately, it was at 6:30 AM.
Now I want to see it all in action! Can you set up a web cam?