Nothing much new to report. 103. 105. 105. 92. 100. 101. 103 . . . . the meterologists think we might break an all-time record of over-hundred days by the end of the weekend.
Working sheetrock on the ceiling is priority number one when it's about 85 degrees outside. That means about 9 am. After lunch, not so much.
I think all the sheetrock that is going up is now up. All the ceiling patches for old fan, old walls, etc. are now installed and first or second coat of mud are in. Now it's days and days of sheetrock mud, tape, and sanding. A builder for one of my clients actually gives his sheetrockers a week to complete their work, so that makes me feel MUCH better about how long this is taking. That's all they do . . . this is our "second" job.
We're hoping by the end of today we'll graduate to installing a few pieces of trim and caulking. Between thunderstorms. On July 4th we got about 2" of rain over 1.5 hours in the middle of the afternoon. Boy, did we need it! Yesterday we got some more impressive thunderclaps and some rain around the same time. Today we'll try to plan around that.
At least this gives us a chance to listen to lots of newer music while working sheetrock. I've got a couple new tunes I can't get out of my head, both by the band Train. If you're really bored, you can check them out on YouTube (for free listening) or Rhapsody, or iTunes or whatever. One is called Drive By and the other is 50 Ways to Say Goodbye. HW calls them "jangly". I think they're fun. Definitely better than some other crap out there.
Did I mention that I now have kitchen cabinets that don't slam anymore? We got cabinet door hinge closer adapters that catch the door just before it closes and eases them closed. The pack of 25 almost covered the kitchen. We have 26 cabinet doors. :o)
Busy but with nothing much new to say. Maybe by tomorrow, we'll have something to write about.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please talk some sense into us: