I'm not posting often enough to remember what I wrote each time, so each new writing session starts with me re-reading what I wrote last time so as not to repeat myself. Man, I gripe a lot! It's a wonder anyone reads this at all.
Last weekend we worked hard on getting everything ready for the last of the sheetrock. We basically only had Saturday because Sunday was filled with work, travel, and a wedding to attend. So we shopped, got the rest of the sheetrock hung (Hallelujah!) AND took a trip to the dump with another complete bedload of old crap from the house that we can't recycle . . . wooden studs with too many nails to be useful (it would just be non-structural swiss cheese if we tried to take all the nails out--they're really what was still holding the wood fibers together), old pieces of yellow-painted sheetrock from the old bathroom walls, and LOTS of scrap sheetrock that we couldn't come up with a good use for (how's that for bad grammar?).
Now that the garage has a lot less crap in it, we can almost see the end of the tunnel with this project. HW made the (so funny) observation that maybe by the end of the summer I can finally park in the garage. Isn't that a hoot? It's only been 2 years!
All the sheetrock is now hung, and the next big stage is mudding and taping. This is the part that I really wish we could hire out, but HW's truck needs new tires, and I want a custom-built vanity, so my penance is mud and tape. And actually, it's not mud and tape that I hate so much as the sanding. The gosh-awful sanding. I think I would rather scoop litter a couple times a day for a week rather than sand sheetrock. I'd rather do dishes than sheetrock. I'd rather PAINT than sheetrock, and that's saying something. I think I dislike sanding the absolute most of anything. And lucky me, I'm the one with some extra time on my hands this week. (Insert eye roll here) HW has graciously offered to do it all, but the man has no time!
I got a great deal done yesterday, and plan on more today. Luckily for me, I ran out of tape and was too much on a roll (no pun intended) to stop, extricate myself from the room and go get more, so I mudded a lot of areas that needed it that didn't need tape. And it dawned on me. . . . we forgot to put the door stopper/cushion/thingy at the back of the pocket in the pocket door to the poo room! Luckily, literally as I was about to mud up that wall, it ocurred to me, so I stopped. So this morning I'm going to take that piece of sheetrock down, take 2 minutes to install a cushion in the door pocket, and re-install sheetrock. Thank goodness my mind wanders when I'm working!
Other than that, there's not much updating to do on this blog. I did get to watch a bunny, ever so cute (I think it's Scarbod from a couple of years ago), hopping through the grass, and realizing he was going straight for the garden. HW fussed at him from the closed kitchen window, threatening bodily harm and attempting a Jedi mind-trick on him to show there was no garden, but sure enough, as I raced through the dance hall to get a better vantage point, it was clear that HW's efforts were to no avail. I called out and said that I saw the bunny head at the base of the tomato plants and HW comes flying through the room calling out "that bastard!" I got a good laugh out of that. That bunny can't help it if marriage isn't part of their culture.
Today should still be rather cool, so I'm off to sand the ceiling before it gets too hot and icky. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please talk some sense into us: