Friday, April 1, 2011

Update April 1

WE'RE DONE!!! Amazing! Little fairies and trolls showed up on our doorstep with sheets of drywall, buckets of paint, and expert advice on finishing the whole house in 3 days! I'm sitting here in a palatial home, with an added second story, full 2 car garage, and large screened porch. The yard is fully landscaped, and we're having a "finally" party sometime next month!!!

April Fools. Like you would fall for that.

Wednesday, I got a wild hare to work on our office some more. I moved items of all sizes around the room, including two bookcases, my desk, a chest of drawers and a two-door cabinet. Except for one remaining piece of furniture in the office, it's fairly close to complete now. I moved my desk and am experimenting with different furniture next to it to see what will work for me and my work patterns. The floor is almost entirely empty now, and the room seems gigantic. I just need to sew curtains for the office closet, basic valances for the curtains in the windows, and finish unpacking more mysterious boxes that Rich brings home labeled "books". I have no idea where we will be putting these said "books", unless we pay for them all again and put them on a Kindle for Rich. Hmmm . . . .

I also got the guest room a little more straightened up and put away, so I could put more boxes in that room, labeled "GBR". Until we build a closet for both of our clothes to be together, those boxes will remain unpacked and piled in the corner. All of Rich's clothes (and some of mine) are hanging in the guest closet because the teeny master bedroom closet is packed with my crap. We just need more storage . . . not a bigger house.

In my industriousness, I started to lift a cabinet that weighs close to nothing and felt "!@#$%^" tighten up in my left-side back muscle, along the spine, near the kidneys. Ugh. It hasn't completely incapacitated me, but I cannot sit for very long before it just aggravates me to death. So now I'm spending time either standing or lying down, with ibuprofen and flexiril (a muscle relaxer) to cope with it until it decides to behave and heal, which sucks . . . I don't have time for this!!!

And that's no April Fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: