Thursday, September 16, 2010

Update September 15

Yesterday was a big day. With the pull-outs installed in the kitchen, I went in search of all boxes Kitchen. One by one, I brought them in, unearthed each's contents, usually with a soft caress and desire in my heart to use it again, and started putting things in their places. If you know me at all, you know that this is the highlight of moving for me. I LOVE putting things in their "home" and organizing. And if you've seen this house at all, you would know that I'm living so outside by comfort zone that I've been numb, basically since April 20th or so, when we started moving out of Stepford. Maybe I'm finally on my way back to sanity?

In order to dig out some of the boxes for the kitchen, I had to go through boxes in a lot of rooms. Now that there's no more cabinetry (to speak of) in the dance hall, I was able to move a mattress and pillows in there, propped against a wall, and sort of turn the TV to it and move the coffee table so that we have a semblance of couch/family room. Once Rich got home, we move the futon mattress in on top of the mattress, almost making a normal height "couch".

I moved most of the boxes out of our bedroom and into the dance hall as well, finding more kitchen stuff along the way (therefore taking happy detours), to the point that you can see daylight in the master bedroom now. Spatz hopped up on a box in front of one of the windows and was "inquiry meowing"--basically asking why I hadn't shown him this window or this view before. I can't wait to see what he says when he finally sees the windows in other parts of the house. :op

Once Rich got home, we moved the armoire into the master bedroom, but realized we can't move much around in the living room until the appliances are out of it. So we tried to do other odd jobs around, but by then, I was exhausted. I watched him put up a drying rack/shelf for me over the dryer, took a shower, and then we both watched Survivor over a TJs dinner. Aaah.

According to Rich, the transformation was pretty incredible. Having been here all day doing it, it's hard to see, but I'm encouraged. I hope to clean out the dining room (full of tools right now) and the rest of our bedroom so that we can move "bedroom" stuff around tonight and also, just maybe, living room stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: