Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Update September 14

It was pantry pull out day today! (Not to be confused with panty pull-off day, which is an entirely different, if not collegiate, event.)

We both worked a great deal today, then came home and tried to tackle the kitchen some more. Rich made more shelves for the cabinets and then cut cleats onto which we would mount roll-out hardware (grammar check?) and then started installing them. I had the arduous task of installing the roll out hardware onto the drawer itself; then he had to perform masterful feats of trickery, anti-magnetism, and contortion to install 4 drawers in a space about 3.5 feet tall by 24" deep by 36" wide. What fun! I was his trusty assistant, doing the dance behind him with the drop light (did we mention these cabinets are DARK?) trying to find the best angle of light for him while not cooking his skin or singeing his hair. It was kinda like avoiding making a human fry daddy, which I'm sure most of you can do in your sleep, but it wasn't as easy as it sounds.

Looks like more peeps might arrive this weekend, so tomorrow I'm hoping I can unload quite a bit into cabinets so we can start playing musical chairs with the rest of the house contents. I found Stormy AND the other important stuff I was looking for, and I saw windows on the other side of the dance hall that I forgot were there. Amazing what happens when you move large objects out of one room and into another.

I have book club members voting to keep that back room a dance hall so we can have book club/chef demonstration/dance meetings. They're even suggesting I buy a franchise and teach there. Anyone have a disco ball?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: