Friday, November 2, 2012

SOMETHING has to get done


We didn't start on the vanity.

Well, technically, I guess we did. We dragged the carcass in there, and HW worked like heck milling the extra cherry pieces we bought for the top. We're trying to figure out how to best scribe the edges so they fit our wonky walls perfectly. The first round didn't go so well, so before we said "%^&$* it", we stopped.

I got the border laid/lurd/layed (sigh) out, and then a cold just bad enough to tire me out came upon me and I just didn't feel like working on it for a week. Then work hit. Then a migraine put me out for the day. Good thing we're not on any timeline, I guess. We blew it on the vanity top, with just a couple weeks left before Tgiving and not even the first coat of tung oil on it. Oh well. Maybe Christmas?

I spent the entire day yesterday setting the tile border again. Although I love tiling, it was very anti-climactic. I've already done this before, so just re-doing it to get it back where we were is just not very fulfilling!

So here's a semi-blurry example of things that could pass for being in place. It's not quite high enough, but close enough for measurements. We still have to alter the carcass, but we wanted to see how it's going to look. Look how masterfully the tile border is placed so you can still see it when the vanity is in place! (Pats on the back all around)

This weekend, we decided to help our neighbor work on installing a new vinyl floor in the basement bedroom. It appears that years of a shower leak under carpet and into walls have taken their toll and they need to pull up the carpet off the concrete and try something new. They took out the baseboard and have been visited by cat-sized roaches literally crawling on their arms at night (I am not making this up). Between wanting to help them, and wanting to work on something that will actually get finished, we decided to volunteer. At least we'll get something accomplished this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: