Did you know that when you cut travertine, it's very milky, fragile, and creates ridiculous bubbles? As I was running it through the wet saw, I kept seeing huge, frothy bubbles coming up from the side of the saw where there's a water well. Absolutely bizarre.
We have some new developments on the Thanksgiving front (I know, I can't believe it's already time to talk about that!). We'll now be hosting a few peeps that we haven't seen for Thanksgiving in a while, and hopefully they'll stay a night or two in the process. This gives us renewed vigor to try to meet a deadline. It would be awesome if all we have to share is the shower, so I'll be focused on the endgame to get some things accomplished in the coming weeks.
To do:
- Finish installing all the trim in the master bathroom, including the poo room. Now that I've tiled up to the edges of the room, nothing is preventing us from moving forward with getting the rest of the baseboard, door casing, and trim up.
- Caulk all of it.
- Finish prepping the rest of the walls and ceiling.
- Prime all of it.
- Paint all of it.
- Finish tiling the floor. (I'm hoping to accomplish steps one through six by the end of next week. HA!)
- Finish the final wiring of all the lighting and outlets, and connect to main power.
- Install custom thresholds from bedroom into bath, hallway into poo room, vanity area into closet.
- Clear out the garage so we can work on the vanity.
- Start cutting up the vanity carcass to add a couple of deep drawers.
- Cut up the drawers and refit for new drawer slides (with soft close, I might add!)
- Create a new base for the vanity.
- Cut up the top, sister in a new chunk to make it deeper (from 18" to 22")
- Add sides and front trim to the top and scribe to the funky wonky bathroom walls.
- Prime the carcass.
- Paint the carcass.
- Cut the top and sand the edges to acommodate undermount sinks and the faucets.
- Sand and finish all the drawer fronts and top with tung oil.
- Sand and finish all the drawer fronts and top with tung oil.
- Sand and finish all the drawer fronts and top with tung oil.
- Sand and finish all the drawer fronts and top with tung oil.
- Let cure for a few weeks.
- Cut and frame mirrors.
- Mount mirrors on hinges in their niches.
- Bring everything in and call the plumber to finish connections.
- Enjoy new half bath/closet combo and get ready for adding shower.
- Enjoy Christmas.
(Ha! I have no idea when we'll start the shower--ideally it would be at the same time the plumber is coming to connect everything up, since it'll be an extra trip charge to come again for the shower. But realistically, I'm having a hard time seeing that we'll have enough time to tackle the shower part before Christmas!)
Okay, just reading the list is overwhelming, but I'm also overwhelmed with it only being HALF done for so long. I think I'll just treat it like an elephant. Or maybe just eat, forgetting the elephant and the project.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please talk some sense into us: