I'm not posting often enough anymore to remember what I wrote last time, so I have to re-read what I wrote each time. I can't believe anyone even reads this sometimes, especially when I'm in the throes of doggedness. As we used to say growing up: Booooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnngg.
I'll try to spice up, or at least not take up so much of your reading time, if I can't succeed on the former. I think I'll focus on the latter and then get back at it.
My sum-up paragraph from last time was apparently a to-do list for the past few weeks:
Reinforce the bathroom floor -- Done
Sand out the remaining areas of sheetrock that had
patches on them -- Done.
Install the poo-room door -- Done.
Build the vanity -- Not done, but at least we went and purchased matching cherry wood from Capital City Lumber so we can alter it now.
Build the "front" of the linen closet -- Done, and it even has sheetrock, mud, tape, sanding, and installing trim for the mirror alcoves done as well.
Install lighting -- Sort of done--at least the junction boxes are mounted and ready for lighting in the vanity area.
"Privatize" our window so we get light but not
peeping-Toms -- Done (by painting a stained-glass effect on the lower window).
I even started screwing down the concrete boards in the floor where HW reinforced the floor, so that hopefully soon I can start laying out the tile.
And we're getting someone out soon to seal the ductwork in the crawlspace, which should help with air circulation in this ole house.
Word of note: almost all of this was done by HW, while I sanded, mudded, taped, and sanded again. All this practice is making me decent at it, which I'm NOT a fan of. I am hoping, however, that my days of this will soon be behind me and then I can move on to something I enjoy far more--tile.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please talk some sense into us: