Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Olympic simile

I finally have something in common with the gymnasts in the Olympics this season, aside from the lithe body, uber flexibility, and winning smile: dust. Every time I emerge from the bathroom from sanding or mudding, I'm covered head to toe with sheetrock dust. I even look hot and sweaty and frustrated, looking for some awesome score, having just come from some incredible balancing act on the ladder, toilet seat, and tippy toes. My hair is even pulled severely back like my mommy pulled my pony-tail too tight. Now if I only had a gold medal and that $25K prize to go with it . . .

Got the spare 10 lite fench door for the poo room stained and one side already has poly. I'm trying to take advantage of the lower temperatures the last day or so and get it done so I can leave it in the garage instead of trying to find a cat fur-free zone to do it in the house. I also taped off the opening to the closet and stained the other side of the door. That way, once it dries, I can poly both doors at the same time, and then that one more thing will be complete.

The pesky sheetrock in the bath part of the walls is finally getting to a closing stage. Sanded as much as I could and had to re-mud some recurring air-bubble areas that WON'T succomb to my taping knife. But I hope this is the last and then we can finally move to priming. Keeping fingers crossed!

Can't do too much more except prime the walls (and possibly paint?) until the floor is shored up by HW underneath the house. When we walk in the future bathroom vanity area, the floors have a little bounce to them. Since concrete board isn't supposed to re-inforce a floor, only support the tile, we (that is, HW) have/has to make the floor rigid underneath, otherwise the flexing floor may just crack the tile, and I only want to set this tile once. Travertine seems to be very brittle, so we want to do this right the first time. I also can't install trim in the room until the floor is in, so we're starting to come up on some hurdles to jump before moving to bigger things.

Hopefully, HW's boss will actually let him have a day off or something this weekend, and I can get him under there to work on it.

That's it. Not much to report, but SLOW progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk some sense into us: